G. Stocks

The goal of this blog is to act more as a stock research reference web site. I've always had an interest in the stock market and have purchased many different stocks over the years. Now I'd like to take it to the next level.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Sometimes it's All About the Dividend

All right, I couldn't just sit on the rest of that tax refund so I decided on a "safe" investment. The company is called SAN JUAN BASIN ROYAL (SJT). Basically it's a gas and oil trust that owns a large stake in some very lucrative land in New Mexico. I like this company for three reasons, it has a steady simple to understand revenue stream, it's currently paying an 8% dividend yield, and it's stock price is currently in a nice valley.

My main goal is to get the nice 8% return via the dividend, if the stock price also goes up I'll take it as a bonus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home