G. Stocks

The goal of this blog is to act more as a stock research reference web site. I've always had an interest in the stock market and have purchased many different stocks over the years. Now I'd like to take it to the next level.

Friday, December 29, 2006

Money in the Mouth

I decided to put my money where my mouth was and invested some more in Garmin on 12/12/06. My purchase price was $51.04. That plus my initial investment in Garmin at $46.84 on 11/3/06 has now returned 14% so far (with a dividend included in there). It's current trading price today is $55.66. Not a bad return on an investment that's only a couple of months old...hold on...ok, I just knocked on some wood.

Garmin still fluctuates in stock price a bit too much for my nerves but it's still a fairly small company and stock price fluctuation occurs in small fast growing companies. I've also seen quite a few posts that day traders really like it's upward trend mixed with its volatility which tends to induce even more volatility. Overall though, it's had a very nice upwards trend since it's drop. I'll post an update once Garmin releases it's 2006 annual report.

It's time to continue on to my next investment. I actually purchased this next stock in September of this year but didn't perform a very detailed analysis on the company. Time for that to change!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home