G. Stocks

The goal of this blog is to act more as a stock research reference web site. I've always had an interest in the stock market and have purchased many different stocks over the years. Now I'd like to take it to the next level.

Friday, November 03, 2006

The Beginning

I've always been a frugal boy. I was the one who saved the lawn mowing money, the birthday money, the returnable money, just about any money I could get my hands on. The guy who would always bring the money back to his parents when they gave him some money to go out and have fun with. I'm 27 years old now and have had money invested in the stock market for 12 years. My dad initially picked my stocks for me. He started me with companies like BUD, 3M (MMM), Intel (INTC), and Johnson and Johnson (JNJ). All companies that have made me a good amount of money over the years.

I'm a high tech employee working in Austin Texas. I own a house (well I guess technically the bank own most of it), I invest 10% of my salary into my 401k plan, and try to get excess money after that into the stock market. I currently use sharebuilder for my stock transactions. I'm for the most part, a long term stock trader so the once a week purchase program that sharebuilder has works out well for me (the $4 fee).

Over the past couple of years I've been doing some of my own investing with a fair amount of success. I'd like to use this blog to record my analysis of some companies I currently own and companies I'm contemplating buying. Feedback from others would of course be appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home